Stanzia Grande belongs to the series of interesting features and phenomena of Vrsar. It is an area and an eponymous settlement situated on a mild slope to the east of the local graveyard and Church of St Peter of Flaban. The area has undoubtedly been inhabited since the Roman times. Its greatest value lies in the view of the Vrsar coastal area and archipelago, including the vineyards in the red soil landscape to its north. Stanzia Grande is special due to its traditional residential and agricultural stone architecture as a part of the modern-age estate of the Vergottini family, the nearby Monte Grandi quarry, and remains of the Roman architecture in its vicinity.
In the 18th century, Stanzia Grande was owned by the famous Vergottini family from Poreč, hence its name Stancija Vergottini. On maps from that time it was labelled as Stabile delli Signori Vergotini, which indicates that horse stables were located there, among other things. It is a rural estate of the family that lived in the urban fabric of Poreč. The lintel of one of the buildings bears the following inscription from the 19th century:
This indicates that the construction of the building from solid materials was ordered by Giovanni Vergottini in 1829. The initialism F.F. comes from the Italian words fece fare or fecero fare. Judging by the large frames for the gates on the eastern wing, its purpose was most likely agricultural. In 1946, the Vergottini family owned 200 hectares of land in the Municipality of Vrsar. Apart from that estate, it also came into possession of the Vrsar Castle in the 19th century. After World War II, the area came into possession of the state.