It was situated on the municipal square in the middle of the settlement. It was a church with closed blind arcades and a Romanesque bell tower that rose above the surrounding houses. The church can be seen in drawings of Vrsar from the 17th century. It was restored and consecrated in 1854. It was the parish church of Vrsar as mentioned in the 1178 charter of Pope Alexander III to the bishop of Poreč.
The old parish Church of St Martin was situated on the town (communal) square in the middle of the settlement. Its location, orientation (northwest-southeast) and size are clearly documented in the 1820 Franciscan Cadastre. It was consecrated to Saint Martin, and had a suitable form: it houses several beautiful altars and the tomb of Monsignor Bishop Tritoni. In 1878, a large bell was mounted in the bell tower, but was taken down and molten down after being requisitioned during World War II (the bells from the churches of St Fosca, St Anthony and St Peter at the new graveyard were taken down at the same time for the same purpose). The church also housed the organ set up by Eduard Kunad in the 1880s, but its fate following the demolition of the church is unknown.
The church was in a bad condition from 1830 until 1854, even abandoned, and in that period the Church of St Fosca was the parish church. It was restored in 1854 and consecrated by Bishop Antonio Peteani, with 14 concelebrating priests and a choir from Rovinj in attendance. It was the parish church of Vrsar as mentioned in the 1178 charter of Pope Alexander III to the bishop of Poreč. It was demolished together with the bell tower in 1941 so that the town square could be expanded, but also due to its ruined state. Originally, as it seems, the demolition of the Romanesque bell tower was not planned, but it was necessary to remove it as well because its structural elements were connected to the church buildings. The demolition works were carried out by the builders of the new parish Church of St Martin. In 1940, the Parish of Vrsar gave the land where the former church was located to the Municipality of Vrsar.
The entire church was made of bricks (walls, vault, columns, and floor, which was covered with cement in 1891). It had three altars, all of which were embedded in the wall structure. On the main altar there was a tabernacle in the form of a tempietto with three doors, dating back to the beginning of the 18th century. From 1889 onwards the church housed an organ.